Sunday 8 March 2015

My first hand made journal

Today I would like to share with you my first attempt at a hand made journal.  It was made out of a variety of card stock that I bought at the payper box stall at the Glasgow craft fair in the SECC.  I was inspired by Jennibellies tutorial how to make a recycled journal out of cereal boxes.  Ok I realise my journal is not recycled but the video did inspire me to use what I had in my stash as I had no cereal boxes.  Then I discovered that I did not have any card stock left I had used it all so it waited until I bought more card.  I plan to make many more of these with better covers as I made this particular journal to gift to someone.  This person I work with and just before I left for home we got into a discussion about art journaling and how I had newly discovered it.  She expressed a desire to start and had been meaning to do more arty/crafty stuff.  I decided there and then that if I made and gifted her an art journal (albeit small) it might give her the gentle nudge she needs to bring out her creative side and have a go.  So without further ado here is my finished journal.




I am pleased to say that the person who received this book was delighted with it, so much so that she initially said "I cant possibly accept this" I of course replied "yes you can" lol.  She even noticed that the beads were hand made, again thanks to Jennibellie and her tutorial on paper bead making So thanks Jennibellie :)

Thanks for stopping by and reading this post. Hope you stop by again

T x

No comments:

Post a Comment