Monday 2 March 2015

Documented life project - January 31st 2015

Wow, two posts in one week lol I have finally finished this page for the documented life project January 31st 2015 .  I have not fully documented the process of this page as I got lost in just doing it rather than thinking about taking photos every 5 minutes.  I can say it has taken me several weeks.  I would do a bit really like it then not be sure what to do next, as I am just learning how to do art journaling.  It also took me a few weeks to have a bit of under paper I actually had a reasonable amount of interest on.  So I took the paper and started to rip it into pieces to collage on my page, I had no idea at this point what I was going to do.  The way the paint had gone on the page it really reminded me of a mushroom shape and texture so the fairy idea was born.  The only part of the page that is "under paper" - the art challenge are the two small mushrooms/toadstools that the fairy is sitting on. The prompt  for this week was what lies beneath, well beneath my name ie the meaning is apparently Fairy Queen.  You could also say that fairies lie beneath the trees/plants at the bottom of your garden. So fairy theme it was.  I sketched the fairy on a separate piece of paper and glued her onto the page.  I think it turned out ok, considering I did think at one point, it looked more like an illustration rather than an art journal page.  So without further delay here is the finished page.............................
 
 
The text was written with my new dip pen set, using the 2.55mm wide tip.  I confess I am still wondering if there is more I could add to the page but I am declaring it finished for now :)
 
Update- After a lovely comment left by my friend over at bastelmania I have now entered my "I believe in fairies page into art journal journey march challenge all things with wings. Why not pop over to their page using the link I have provided and see what they are all about :) 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely pages. It would be nice if you would enter it into our challenge at Art Journal journey where the theme is things with wings....Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. In my opinion it doesn't need anything else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking Tania, and yes, you did it right! Hope to see you joining us again! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful spread with terrific ideas

    Thank you for joining us
    Love Chrissie AJJ guest hostess xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful spread ! Lovely .. Welcome to Art Journal Joureny! Thank you for entering it - hope to meet you more often in future there.
    hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. It has made my evening to log on and find 4 comments waiting for me to approve :) T x

    ReplyDelete