Wednesday 21 September 2016

29 Faces number 20 and 21

Hi folks and welcome to my blog post.  I have fallen behind slightly again from my daily posts but I have a double treat for you as I have caught up on my faces today.  Another two watercolour drip effect portraits.  I am trying new ways and trying to find my style in there too.  It is still a bit of a hit or miss but so far I have resisted the temptation to sketch first.  I may try sketching next just to see how much of a difference it makes to my paintings.  I have been trying to make these paintings as organic as I can, hence no initial sketch.  But perhaps I can still get that organic feel even with an initial sketch even if it is to place certain markers of the face.  So without further a do, here are my two faces.

I decided to use my decadent pies watercolours by prima then thought "oh the purple acrylic ink I have would look fab as her hair" So there you have it.  I quite like this girl.


For this painting I thought I would try my hand at a male face with this technique, only it did not quite go according to plan but it certainly is a step in the right direction.  I think I got too invested in making sure it looked like a male face and got too bogged down with trying to get in detail. 

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my abstract exploration paintings as much as I have enjoyed painting them.  Thank you, please come back soon T   






No comments:

Post a Comment