Saturday 3 September 2016

Day 2 of the 29 faces challenge - a simpler approach - using a stamp is not cheating

Hi folks.  Well after the day I had yesterday (Thursday) trying and failing to get my day 1 face finished.(for details of the 29 face challenge click the button at the side of my blog)  I decided I would take a different approach today and make my life easier.  As I knew I was going to be working on my first face, as well as face number 2, I gave myself a head start (note I did not say I cheated) by using a journal page with a background already done and recorded.  I then used a prima stamp of a face, (donated to me by Andrea Mercier of Anlome you can check out her amazing art here ) and continued to record the process as I completed my journal page.  Perhaps you might like to help me to name this page? If so type your suggested quote/title for this page.
                


You see, sometimes we need a task to be made easier.  Please Stop giving yourselves such a hard time about stuff that doesn't even matter.  Would we call using cutlery or a food processor cheating? No they are utensils that make our life easier.  We do not call using a modern day washing machine cheating when it comes to washing our clothes.  So why do we think using stamps in art are cheating?  Ok if you used a stamp all the time and did no drawing you would not improve your drawing skills. However, you may not want to improve your drawing skills, who are we to insist you do.  There is no right or wrong way to do things in art.  Art is what you make it, pure and simple.  I know when I first got back to art I asked the question would it hinder my progress if I used stamps and stencils in my work.  Well the simple answer to that is not if I continued to practise my skills on a regular basis. So guess what, I use stamps and stencils as and when I like.  I also do fine art as and when I like.  Sometimes I combine the two and sometimes I try something completely different that I suck at doing but enjoy trying.  It still takes skill to colour a stamped image well, a skill that can easily be learned I might add.  All it requires is a desire to learn.  Everyone and anyone can be artistic.  Stamps and stencils are a great way to help everyone to start to enjoy being artistic.  If you are interested in my art process for this prima stamp girl check out my video below. 


So remember there is no right or wrong way to do Art.  Art is what you make it :) Hope you all have a good day and come back to visit real soon.  

2 comments:

  1. Using stamps and images is a way to jump start your art. Sometimes you're stuck or sometimes you want to try a coloring technique, sometimes you just like the image. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done. Hey I sometimes create two faces in one day just so I don't fall behind. Like you said being prepared. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete