Thursday 15 September 2016

Day 15 of 29 Faces Challenge - Watercolour portrait of Jean-Luc Picard included in the #CACFanArt

Welcome all, I am now past the half way point to this 29 faces challenge.  Today I am pleased to present my 15th Face which covers both the 29 Faces Challenge and this months #CACFanArt event. Scroll down to the link at the end of this post, if you are interested in seeing my process video.  Otherwise continue reading for the process in pictures.

I started off with a sketch of Jean-Luc Picard on 12"x 9" hot pressed watercolour paper 140lb by Daler Rowney (The Langton) 

Using a round system3 size 6 brush and Windsor & Newton travel watercolour palet I begin to add the colour.  I know with watercolour you are suppose to go from light to dark but I sometimes like to add my dark in first and graduate it out. 

Looking a little strange stage for sure lol 

starting to look a little more lifelike but there is still something missing

The eyes in my opinion really bring life to a painting. 

Adding the finishing touches 

There you have it...... the finished painting.

Thank you for stopping by, click on the video link below to view the painting process. 





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful skin tone and portrait. You make it look effortless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I do love working in watercolour.

      Delete
  2. I do enjoy seeing art come to life and how each person goes about it. Wonderful face.

    ReplyDelete